help put some pressure on the DBs.Cutler cal | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jun 13
TORONTO -- Trevor Bauer and his drone were ready to explain themselves. Kole Calhoun Jersey .The Cleveland right-hander kept the mood light at his news conference Sunday, showing up with the drone he said cut his finger and forced him to miss his start in Game 2 of the AL Championship Series. Bauer is scheduled to pitch Game 3 on Monday night against Toronto, with the Indians leading the series 2-0.I brought my friend to answer any questions about what happened that I cant answer, Bauer said while the drone sat on display on the table in front of him.Bauer received stitches on his right pinkie after the accident Thursday night, and both he and manager Terry Francona now say they dont expect the injury to affect him much when he faces the Blue Jays. Josh Tomlin started in Bauers place Saturday and Cleveland won , which no doubt made it easier for the Indians to chuckle a bit about the mishap.He was messing around with his drone. He wasnt out in some alley at 3 in the morning and got cut on a beer can, Francona said. It wasnt like he was waterskiing. He just cut his finger. It wasnt remotely malicious.Bauer, a self-described nerd and big Star Wars fan who studied mechanical engineering in college, said he became interested in drones after seeing a video of them a few years ago. He said he likes to learn new tricks and fly them close to obstacles, which can lead to crashes. He is constantly having to repair his drones.Bauer said he cut his finger on a propeller.I plugged it in, like Ive done thousands and thousands of times. ... This one spun up at max throttle, he said. It never happened to me before. I have no idea why it happened, and my finger just happened to be in the way of the prop and it cut me.Bauers injury was another setback for a Cleveland rotation that lost Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar toward the end of the regular season. The Indians have kept winning anyway. The AL Central champions swept Boston in the Division Series and have taken the first two games from Toronto.The Blue Jays will send Marcus Stroman to the mound Monday, but the bigger issue for them right now is their hitting . Toronto has scored only one run in the ALCS so far, failing to break through against Clevelands starters and looking overmatched against the Indians Andrew Miller-led bullpen.All youve got to do is go look at video and try to count how many times theyve thrown pitches over the heart of the plate, Toronto slugger Jose Bautista said. It hasnt been many.Miller has thrown 3 2/3 scoreless innings in this series, striking out five in each of the first two games. He became the first pitcher with two separate postseason outings of at least five strikeouts in no more than two innings, according to information provided by the Indians from the Elias Sports Bureau.If hes on, theres not a lot you can do with him, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. Hes got an overpowering fastball, and hes got that incredible slider.Bautista said Miller now seems to be throwing his slider a couple different ways, and the 6-foot-7 left-hander didnt dispute that.I throw it pretty differently and not always intentionally, Miller said. When you throw it backdoor, I want as much horizontal break (as I can). I want the ball to start as far off the plate and come back and catch the corner. In certain counts, if Im trying to get a swing and miss, I want more depth.The Blue Jays can take some solace in the schedule, which now calls for three games in three days. That might prevent Francona from being quite as aggressive with Miller in relief, although Toronto has to avoid a sweep for all three of those games to be played.If the Blue Jays stay quiet offensively, it could be a short series.Its a slugging team, thats how theyre built, Gibbons said. You are what you are a lot of times when you get to a certain point in this game, and you live and die with it.Game notes The Blue Jays said 2B Devon Travis, who had already been ruled out for the rest of the postseason, will likely need a knee scope. He aggravated a right knee injury in Game 1, and an MRI showed a bone bruise with a small flap of cartilage caught in the joint. He is expected to be ready for spring training. ... Stroman hasnt pitched since Oct. 4, when he threw six solid innings in the wild-card game against Baltimore .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Nolan Ryan Jersey .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. Darin Erstad Jersey . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. http://www.cheapangelsjerseyschina.com/mike-trout-jersey/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears had just completed their first training camp practice and Kevin White could not contain his joy.Considering how his rookie season went, its not hard to see why.Healthy after missing his first year because of a fractured shin, White is ready to show why the Bears drafted him with the No. 7 overall pick in 2015 and join Alshon Jeffery in what the team believes will be a dynamic tandem at wide receiver.I was so excited, White said Thursday. Kind of like a kid in the candy store. Last year I was very, very frustrated, a lot of stress. And this year Im kind of out there having fun and Im able to contribute.The Bears are expecting big things from Jeffery and White as the team tries to pull itself up after finishing last in the NFC North at 6-10 in coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Paces first season. The work resumed Thursday with the first training camp practice, and it was an eventful one.First-round draft pick Leonard Floyd left on a cart because of a stomach illness and guard Kyle Long came up hobbling near the end. He slammed his helmet to the ground on the sideline and was later seen with a walking boot on his left leg.Floyd, the No. 9 overall pick, has been sick the past few days but plans to practice on Friday. The Bears are counting on the outside linebacker from Georgia to boost a defense that tied for 22nd in sacks and a woeful 30th in interceptions last season.His development along with Whites will go a long way toward determining whether Paces regime is ultimately a success. The Bears need to build a solid young core after years of spotty drafting under former general managers Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery.Pace took the 6-foot-3 White with the seventh overall pick in the 2015 draft thinking the West Virginia standout would form a top duo with the 6-3 Jeffery. Instead, White started experiencing pain in his left shin during organized team activities a year ago. The team thought rest and therapy would cure it, but he wasnt ready for the start of camp.One day after he started running on grass for the first time, he felt pain and got hit with the worst-case scenario. He had surgery and missed his rookie season.Jeffery was hardly a picture of health last year and wound up being limited to nine games because of calf, hamstring, groin and shoulder problems. Rod Carew Jersey. The succession of injuries raised questions about his offseason regimen and durability even though he played in every game the previous two years.He had a great offseason last year, Fox said Thursday. Thats one of the perplexing things. When he injured his calf the first time was actually working as a scout (team) member running plays of our opponent in preseason. It was just kind of a freak thing. It was unfortunate for him and us.There were more questions about Jeffery this offseason after he stayed away from the teams voluntary organized activities. He was unable to agree to a contract extension after the Bears placed the franchise tag on him in free agency and will play this season for $14.6 million. Pace insisted the negotiations were friendly the whole time and theres no ill will.Honestly, I feel really good about where hes at right now and kind of where were at, Pace said.Jeffery basically deflected questions about the negotiations, saying he let his agent handle the negotiations. He also said he is blessed.And Pace said: We can revisit it after the season. But Im optimistic. Hes a talented player. He knows he has to stay healthy. And well see going forward.The more immediate issue for the Bears is molding Jeffery and White into the dynamic combination the team hoped to have last season.White spent plenty of time with Jay Cutler in both Lake Forest and at the quarterbacks home in Tennessee, hoping to develop a rapport and a greater understanding of the system in the offseason.Sometimes I try to (ease) into the route sometimes and play like a little tempo game, White said. He just told me to get up on them quick. He can obviously throw the ball, let the ball out, a little quicker and help put some pressure on the DBs.Cutler called sitting out last season a big miss for White but added: Hes so physically gifted I think hes gonna make it up really, really quickly.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL China Jerseys WholesaleChina NFL JerseysWholesale Stitched JerseysChina JerseysNFL T-shirts From ChinaCheap NFL T-shirtsWholesale Jerseys 2019 ' ' '
Share: