record and a 4.22 ERA.Pirates: Ivan Nova (12-8, 4.37 ERA) has lost two straight starts after winning h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jun 14
OKLAHOMA CITY -- A few weeks ago, Michael Jordan helped induct Russell Westbrook into the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and called himself a fan of the Thunder guards game. Titans Jerseys Shop .Now, Westbrook has accomplished something no one has since Jordan -- he became the first player with five consecutive triple-doubles since Jordan had seven straight in 1989. Westbrook had 28 points, 17 rebounds and 12 assists on Sunday night, and the Oklahoma City Thunder beat the New Orleans Pelicans 101-92.The Thunder have won all five games during Westbrooks triple-double stretch, and 26 of 28 the past two years when he gets one. Westbrook said he doesnt worry about the numbers.I just play, honestly, he said. I dont want to get in a conversation of if Im going to do it every night. I just go out and compete at a high level every night, like Ive been doing since Ive been in the NBA.Westbrook is still averaging a triple-double for the season with averages of 31.0 points, 10.8 rebounds and 11.3 assists through 21 games. It was his 10th triple-double of the season and the 47th of his career.Hes more concerned with the fact that the Thunder have recovered from a rough stretch and improved to 13-8.I just like to win, brother, he said. Honestly, thats the most important part. Making sure my guys are good, and making sure everybodys happy with their games, and making sure we win the game.Enes Kanter had 17 points and 10 rebounds and Victor Oladipo added 15 points for the Thunder.Anthony Davis, the NBAs leading scorer, had 37 points and 15 rebounds for the Pelicans.Buddy Hield, who led nearby Oklahoma to the Final Four last season, scored 16 points in his first game back in the state. The last time he had played in Oklahoma, he scored 36 points to help the Sooners beat VCU and advance to the Sweet 16. In this game, he made 6 of 12 shots and 4 of 7 3-pointers.I havent felt like that in a long time, Hield said. Its so great to get back in there and get a rhythm and see the ball go through the net. Ive been struggling the last couple games, but I feel more confident.Oklahoma City led 49-41 at halftime. Westbrook had 12 points, nine rebounds and six assists at the break, and Davis kept the Pelicans in it with 24 points and 10 rebounds.Westbrook threw down a vicious right-handed jam on a drive down the middle in the third quarter that gave Oklahoma City a 57-47 lead. He clinched the triple-double on an assist to Kanter for a dunk with 2:14 left in the third quarter. The Thunder took a 78-66 lead into the fourth quarter.Hield drained a 3-pointer to cut Oklahoma Citys lead to four with just under two minutes to go, but Westbrooks 3 with 51.3 seconds to go bumped the Thunders lead back to 99-92.We were still right there, and given the opportunity, Russells going to make a big play, Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry said. The big 3-pointer that he made was probably the difference in the game,TIP-INSPelicans: G Jrue Holiday started for just the third time this season. He missed the first 12 games while his wife, former U.S. womens national team soccer player Lauren Holiday, recovered from surgery to remove a benign brain tumor. ... The Pelicans shot just 36.7 percent from the field.Thunder: Made 14 of 15 2-point shots and missed all nine of their 3-pointers in the first quarter. ... C Steven Adams sprained his left ankle in the first quarter and did not return. ... The Thunder missed all 15 3-point attempts in the first half, then made 6 of 13 in the second. ... Westbrook leads active players in career triple-doubles.HAPPY BIRTHDAYThunder forward Andre Roberson scored 13 points on his 25th birthday. He made 6 of 8 shots and fell two points short of his career high.WELCOME BACKHield got a standing ovation when he checked in late in the first half.I have so much respect I have to pay to Oklahoma, he said. This is home to me. Every time I come back, they embrace me well, like the warm welcome they gave me. I had a lot of jitters.UP NEXTPelicans: Host the Memphis Grizzlies on Monday night.Thunder: Play at the Atlanta Hawks on Monday night.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter: www.twitter.com/CliffBruntAP . Titans Jerseys Store . The Brazilian goalkeeper signed a loan deal with the Major League Soccer club on Friday as he looks to get playing time ahead of this summers World Cup in his home country. Authentic Titans Jerseys . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. http://www.cheaptennesseetitansjerseys.com/rashaan-evans-jersey/ . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. PITTSBURGH -- With the Chicago Cubs supposedly fine-tuning things for postseason form, ace Jake Arrieta was roughed up by the Pittsburgh Pirates in an 8-4 loss Wednesday night.Pirates first baseman John Jaso hit for the cycle and Arrieta (18-8) gave up seven runs and 10 hits -- both season-highs -- in five innings. But manager Joe Maddon said there isnt cause for concern that the Cubs starter wont be able to right the ship come October.That was probably the best strike-throwing I have seen out of him, Maddon said. He was throwing very well. Up until the home run by Jaso, theres just a couple singles to the opposite field. That was it. Then, the last inning kind of got away from us too. But he wasnt that bad today. None of it made sense to me.The Pirates hit three consecutive doubles to score three runs in the sixth inning and Jasos three-run home run in the fifth did the majority of the damage.It felt like a spring training game from the get-go, just wasnt crisp and didnt have much working, Arrieta (18-8) said. Thats about it.The Cubs havent made a plan yet for when Arrieta will pitch next. He is not scheduled to make another start this season. Arrieta said it doesnt matter to him when he pitches next, hes just focused on the postseason.Were moving on, he said. I dont like giving up seven runs. Im (mad) about that. but moving forward, everything is fine. . Ill throw sides up here, and whoever I face in the first round, theyre going to be in trouble.Jasos triple in the seventh inning gave him the first cycle in the 16-year history of PNC Park.The triple off reliever Pedro Strop clinched the Pirates first cycle since 2004. The last Pirate to hit for the cycle was Daryle Ward on May 26, 2004, in St. Louis. The last Pirates home cycle was by Jason Kendall on May 19, 2000, against the Cardinals at Three Rivers Stadium.Jaso isnt exactly a typical candidate for the cycle. He has neither prodigious power nor speed, as he hit just his seventh home run and third triple of the season. Jaso didnt even realize what had happened until he had already performed the feat.It didntt really dawn on me until I was standing on the base, he said. Luke Falk Jersey. I was looking at (third base coach Rick) Sofield and it finally just hit me.Against Arrieta, Jaso singled in the second inning, hit a three-run home run in the fourth and doubled in the fifth.Its just a great memory to have, Jaso said. You dont really want to take this blessing for granted being here.Pirates starter Jameson Taillon (5-4) allowed one hit and struck out four in six innings.Chicagos Anthony Rizzo hit a solo homer, his 32nd of the season.OH, CANADAThe Pirates announced that they will play a two-game preseason series in Montreal against the Toronto Blue Jays March 31 and April 1, 2017. The Pirates havent played in Montreal since 2013.TRAINING ROOMCubs: OF Chris Coghlan left the game with a mild left ankle sprain. He ran into the wall in left field attempting to catch a fly ball in the fifth inning. . Maddon expects OF Jorge Soler (right side) to be able to play this weekend.Pirates: After being officially eliminated from the playoffs Tuesday, the Pirates will shut injured reliever Neftali Feliz down for the season, and will be backing away from C Francisco Cervelli, according to manager Clint Hurdle. Cervelli had hamate surgery in July and has dealt with several minor injuries all year. . OF Gregory Polanco did not play with a stiff neck. He had previously missed three games with a facial contusion following a collision with the wall in left field.UP NEXTCubs: Rob Zastryzny (1-0, 0.79 ERA) will make his first career start. In seven career appearances, his longest outing is 3 2/3 innings. Zastryzny started 14 games for Triple-A Iowa this season with a 7-3 record and a 4.22 ERA.Pirates: Ivan Nova (12-8, 4.37 ERA) has lost two straight starts after winning his first five decisions with the Pirates since coming over from the New York Yankees at the trade deadline. He has given up 11 runs (nine earned) and 18 hits over seven innings in his last two starts. NFL T-shirts From ChinaCheap Jerseys 2020Cheap NFL GearCheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys 2020Cheap Jerseys 2020Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: