Olympic champion track cycling champion Chr | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jul 11
WASHINGTON -- Japans Risa Ozaki upset second-seeded Sloane Stephens in straight sets on the womens side, and eighth-seeded Sam Querrey advanced on the mens side on Tuesday night at the Citi Open. Wholesale Los Angeles Rams Jerseys 2019 .Stephens, the defending champion, lost 6-2, 6-1 to Ozaki in her opening match.Querrey, coming off a trip to the Wimbledon quarterfinals that featured a victory against world No. 1 Novak Djokovic, beat Bjorn Fratangelo 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-4 on center court.Stephens said she performed poorly and took all the blame for her defeat. The 23-year-old American said she would be upset for 10 minutes and then get over it.I just played real bad. Nothing more, nothing less, Stephens said. Just one of those days I was really bad. Obviously, Im not the first person to have a bad day, and I wont be the last.Querrey battled back from losing a first-set tiebreak to beat Fratangelo under the lights at Rock Creek Park Tennis Center. Hell next face 11th-seeded Alexandr Dolgopolov of Ukraine.It was one of those matches I just had to fight my way through, Querrey said.Earlier in the day, fifth-seeded Eugenie Bouchard was upset by Italys Camila Giorgi, 7-5, 6-4, marking the fourth time in the Canadians past 10 tournaments that she lost her opening match. She most recently reached the round of 32 at Wimbledon, before losing to Dominika Cibulkova.Bouchard said she felt kind of out of it from the beginning on Tuesday, when temperatures were in the 90s, but she put no blame on the heat and instead credited Giorgi for keeping her off balance.She kind of plays not like any other player, really: absolutely no rhythm, not long points at all, Bouchard said. I found it hard to get my feeling and get into points and stuff.Bouchard repeated that she was unsure about playing in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, citing the Zika virus. The Montreal native called herself a last-minute person and said she would wake up and decide next week.Bouchard has seen fellow Canadian Milos Raonic and other high-profile tennis players and golfers pull out of the Summer Games and conceded that has made her consider the pros and cons.Im truly undecided, and you see more and more people pulling out as kind of the deadline gets closer, Bouchard said. Its just unfortunate, because it would be my first games, and to have a problem like this kind of dampening the excitement of potentially your first Olympic Games, it really sucks, to be honest.Querrey already announced he is skipping the Olympics but not because of Zika.It just wasnt a priority of mine at all, said Querrey, who played in the 2008 Beijing Games.In other mens play, 12th-seeded Grigor Dimitrov lost 6-4, 6-4 to Great Britains Daniel Evans.On the womens side, American Christina McHale upset eighth-seeded Monica Niculescu of Romania 6-3, 6-4. The New Jersey native will next face Jessica Pegula, daughter of?Buffalo Bills?and?Buffalo Sabres?owners Terry and Kim Pegula.McHale continued a strong year that has included twice pushing world No. 1 Serena Williams to three sets.Im putting myself more in matches to have opportunities to win, McHale said. I want to stop meeting [Williams] so early in tournaments. Its nice to see against the No. 1 player in the world that I can hold my own and have chances. Los Angeles Rams Jerseys For Sale . Thats not a comment on the suspension that banished the Portland Winterhawks general manager and coach from his Western Hockey League teams bench for most of the 2012-13 season. Los Angeles Rams John Franklin-Myers Jersey . That gave fans outside Joe Louis Arena another chance to ask for autographs from the 19-year-old whose stardom in the NHL has arrived earlier than most expected. http://www.cheapramsjerseys.us/ . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. After Wonderful Wednesday, Great Britain had another day to celebrate on Thursday at the Rio Olympics with four more medals, including one gold.Here is all you need to know about Team GBs heroes:?TRACK CYCLING, MENS TEAM SPRINT -- GOLDNames:?Philip Hindes, Jason Kenny and Callum SkinnerAges: 23, 28 and 23?Hometowns: Manchester (born in Krefeld, Germany), Bolton and Glasgow?The fact you need to know to impress your friends: The trio beat New Zealand?in the final in an Olympic record 42.440 seconds.ROWING, WOMENS DOUBLE SCULLS -- SILVERNames: Katherine Grainger and Vicky Thornley (womens double sculls rowing)Ages: 40 and 28Hometowns: Maidenhead and St Asaph, WalesThe fact you need to know to impress your friends: Grainger became Britains joint-most decorated female Olympian with five medals, matching Kiity Godfree, a tennis player in the 1920s. Cheap Los Angeles Rams Jerseys 2018. .MENS RUGBY SEVENS -- SILVERName: James Davies (one of 12-man squad)Age: 25Hometown: Carmarthen, WalesThe fact you need to know to impress your friends: Davies, brother of Wales and Lions centre Jonathan, woke up after a night in Las Vegas last summer to find his nickname,?Cubby Boi, tattooed on his knuckles.CANOEING, MENS C2 SLALOM -- SILVERNames: David Florence and?Richard HounslowAges: 34 (both)Hometowns: Edinburgh, Scotland and Harrow, LondonThe fact you need to know to impress your friends: Between the ages of 7 and 18, Florence lived on the same street as future six-time Olympic champion track cycling champion Chris Hoy. ?Information from PA Sport contributed to this article. Cheap NFL HoodiesCheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL ChinaWholesale NFL Autographed JerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '
Share: