obviously pleasing that we allocated an amo | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jul 11
Less than two weeks after being designated for assignment by the Houston Astros, Carlos Gomez will have the opportunity to be a starting outfielder with the AL West-leading Texas Rangers. DJ Chark Jersey .Texas manager Jeff Banister told reporters Sunday that Gomez will be the Rangers left fielder once he is brought up from the minor leagues.The 30-year-old outfielder, who signed a minor league deal with the Rangers on Saturday, said he expects to play three or four games with Round Rock before being added to the major league roster.The plan is to play about three games in Triple-A and take advantage of that opportunity because I have been out for 10 days, Gomez said. I really dont think [the time off] is going to affect me, because I have worked out and practiced every day, but live pitching is different. So I am going to play a few games in Triple A to get back into the swing of things, that way when I go up to a team that is in first place I can have a positive impact.Gomez, who reported to Triple-A Round Rock on Sunday, told ESPN.com that he evaluated offers from several teams, including the Miami Marlins, but opted for the Rangers due to their position as divisional leaders, the opportunity to get regular playing time, and his familiarity with the league and division.This is an amazing opportunity for me to go to a team that is in first place in the division and headed to the playoffs, Gomez said in a phone conversation Saturday night. I had a few offers from other teams, but I chose the Rangers because I believe it is the team where I can feel most comfortable and develop better since I will be staying in the same division. Even though I did not do my job with the Astros, I know the league and the division well.The Rangers are a team that seem to have great harmony and their playing style is similar to mine, but the first thing for me was that they are in first place and have players like Adrian Beltre, Carlos Beltran, Elvis Andrus, Ian Desmond; thats pretty special. Its inspiring. I am going to be on a winning team.Gomez gave credit to Beltran for the Rangers giving him a chance after hitting .210 with five home runs and 29 RBIs in 85 games before being released by Houston. Gomez was brought up in the New York Mets organization, where he met the Puerto Rican outfielder in 2005; they were teammates during the 2007 season.Carlos Beltran has been like a father to me; he has always being very supportive of my career, Gomez said. When a player like Carlos Beltran speaks on your behalf then I think he believes in that person because I dont think he would put his reputation on the line if someone is not worth it.The fact that he even gave his opinion [to the Rangers] about me means a lot, he added. We are talking about someone who has been a very important person in my career and is a future Hall of Famer. When someone who has had an 18-year career at that level speaks, people listen; his opinion matters. Leon Jacobs Jersey . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys 2018 . Three came down to the fourth quarter while quarterbacks continued to shine in all four games; so important to the overall quality of the game. http://www.cheapjaguarsjerseys.us/ . Laudrup revealed Thursday he was notified of his dismissal in "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary. The A-League signings of Tim Cahill and, potentially, Michael Essien have cost Football Federation Australia almost a million dollars but chief David Gallop is delighted to spend the cash.Theres growing optimism at head office that season 12 of the A-League, which kicks off on October 7, will be a box office success.The arrival of Cahill, who gathers attention like no other A-League player, at Melbourne City is the primary reason.His crossover appeal delights league chiefs, as shown by his recent engagements with the fashion world or AFL club the Western Bulldogs.A further marketing spend - which was non-existent last year - will follow from FFA next month after the AFL and NRL grand finals.It will ask half-committed fans to find a team, pitching squarely at young families to fill seats at A-League matches.Gallop is also delighted at the growing list of high-profile Australian names that have signed up for the season ahead: Brett Holman, James Troisi, Rhys Williams and Bernie Ibini among them.Hed delight in Essien confirming his guest-player move to Melbourne Victory.Weve come to an arrangement with Victory - if they come to an arrangement with him - that were comfortable with, Gallop said.Its understood Essien is overseas considerinng the deal. Wholesale Jaguars Jerseys China. If he agrees, Victory will put him through his paces in Melbourne before signing him to ensure his fitness for the A-League campaign.Gallop said Essien brought star power.A player like Essien can add to the halo around Tim because its another big global player that football fans will be excited about, he said.When you add that to the players that are coming back from overseas, then it starts to build the thesis that Ange (Postecoglou) has been espousing loudly lately.He watches a lot of football and he sees a lot of football that is not as good as the A-League.Should Essien sign, the $1 million pot of guest-player funding will be almost dry.But should Cahill and Essiens impact be felt as widely as FFA believes - including on important broadcast rights negotiations - the league could grow the pot next year.(An increase would be) hard for season 12 but were certainly going to look at it again for season 13, he said.Therell be a small amount (left over) but were open to discussions with other clubs.Its obviously pleasing that we allocated an amount of money and were getting to use it. Cheap NFL HoodiesCheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL ChinaWholesale NFL Autographed JerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping' ' '
Share: