guys say thats what we did.---More | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
cx888
cx888 Jul 12
Western Michigan coach P. Nike Air Max 1 Anniversary Blue Restock .J. Fleck wont be watching when the College Football Playoff poll is released Tuesday night.Hell be too busy dealing with other, more pressing matters.See, Fleck understands the 17th-ranked Broncos didnt position themselves for an unbeaten season, a Mid-American Conference championship and perhaps a playoff spot by worrying about things beyond their control. Hes turned Western Michigan into a national power by earning respect for the program on the field and keeping it by winning game after game.We are everybodys big game, we are everybodys elite opportunity and we know that, Fleck said. We used to play against teams like that when we werent very good. We were there. We know where weve been. So now weve embraced this completely opposite role.While the Broncos (8-0, 4-0) relish this new role, they attack it with the same vigor they needed to reach this point -- even if Tuesday nights game at last-place Ball State (4-4, 1-3) looks like a gimme to everyone else.For Western Michigan , its chance to show the college football world why they are one of five remaining unbeaten teams in the country and why they deserve to be in the CFP discussion. The first batch of rankings will be released shortly after the Broncos game begins.Play poorly on national television, in a game most believe should be a rout, and the performance could taint Western Michigans national perception for the rest of the season.But its also a potentially dangerous predicament for the Broncos.Ball State can take more risks than usual, will likely play in front of a big, raucous crowd and has something to prove, too.If you want to be the best, youve got to beat the best, and they are the best in our conference, first-year Ball State coach Mike Neu said. Its great to have that challenge here at Scheumann Stadium. We look forward to that.If Western Michigan keeps it up, the possibilities could be limitless -- if they keep climbing the CFP charts.For now, Fleck and the Broncos will let everyone else debate where they belong. Theyll be content to add a few more chapters to their 10-game winning streak -- the schools longest since 1940-41.Like we say, start fast, accelerate in the middle and finish strong, running back Jarvion Franklin said. So I think we started fast, and I guess we accelerated in the middle and now we have to finish strong.Here are some other things to watch Tuesday night:NO. 1 vs. NO. 2: Franklin and Ball State running back James Gilbert are the top two runners in the MAC and both could top the 1,000-yard mark on Tuesday. Gilbert, who first committed to Western Michigan before switching to Ball State, leads the MAC with 987 yards and 11 touchdowns and has four straight 100-yard games. Franklin has 909 yards and seven TDs and averages 113.6 yards per game.TIDY ON TURNOVERS: One reason Western Michigan is undefeated -- theyve had only three turnovers all season, the fewest in the FBS. Another reason: Their turnover margin of plus-1.5 per game, was second in the nation heading into the weekend behind only No. 4 Washington (plus-2.0).RUN, RILEY, RUN: Ball State quarterback Riley Neal scored on two TD runs at Buffalo in the Cardinals last victory. He has run for six scores this season, and Ball State is 3-1 when Neal scores on a TD run.KEEPING UP WITH DAVIS: Broncos receiver Corey Davis is the FBS active leader in yards receiving (4,524). But Davis has much bigger visions. The MACs career receiving leader needs 482 yards to break the FBS career yardage record (Trevor Insley, Nevada, 5,005 yards). He also leads the nation with 11 TD receptions, giving him a school-record 44 in his career and three away from tying the conferences career mark.---The APs college football page: http://collegefootball.ap.org/ Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Anniversary Sold Out . -- The Bishops Gaiters are showing they belong among the countrys top varsity football teams. Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Anniversary Nederland . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. http:///...niversary-sport-red/ . "It was nerve-wracking, but we pulled through," said Collaros, who threw four touchdown passes to lead the Toronto Argonauts (8-4) to a 33-27 win over the Calgary Stampeders (9-3) in front of 28,781 fans at McMahon Stadium. BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Purdue interim coach Gerad Parker pretty much knew his fate long before Saturdays season finale.He and the other Boilermakers coaches didnt expect to return to West Lafayette in 2017.That didnt make this Old Oaken Bucket game any less important or the latest loss, 26-24 to Indiana, any easier to accept.We aimed big, we moved fast and we got better, the emotional Parker said after losing for the sixth straight week since replacing the fired Darrell Hazell. The ultimate stat of getting better is winning and I know that. Nobody knows that more than me. But Ill tell you this, this football team got better in the last six weeks. I believe that with every fiber of my body.Purdue (3-9, 1-8 Big Ten) certainly played better against its biggest rival than it did the previous six weeks -- all losses, all by at least 13 points.In the previous five games, the Boilermakers had been outscored 128-27 in the second half.This time, they erased a 17-16 deficit with a 31-yard TD pass from David Blough to DeAngelo Yancey early in the third quarter. The 2-point conversion attempt failed, but the Boilermakers kept the lead until Indianas Devine Redding powered in from 1 yard out with 4:59 left to make it 26-22.Purdues last real chance fizzled when Blough was picked off in the end zone on fourth-and-14 from the Hoosiers 27-yard line with 1:06 to go.We didnt get the wins that we wanted, but its like Coach Parker said, we gritted our teeth, we came in ready to work, we didnt make any excusess, senior defensive lineman Jake Replogle said. Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Anniversary Navy Blue. I cant say enough for what Coach Parkers done. The motivation that hes brought day in and day out. Im proud of what weve done in the past six weeks.It may not look good on paper.Purdue finished the season with a seven-game losing streak and could not thwart the Hoosiers from hoisting the prized trophy for a fourth consecutive year. The only other time Indiana won four straight in the series came from 1944-47.Inside the locker room and across the field, though, there were noticeable changes.I was very impressed with his leadership skills, Indiana coach Kevin Wilson said. I had a lot of respect for him before they arrived. Hes done a great job and were very, very fortunate and very, very happy to win that game.While the future of the Boilermakers program remains uncertain, there has been plenty of speculation about the next coach, much of it focusing on Western Michigan coach P.J. Fleck.But Purdues players, coaches and even Parker believed they proved something in these last six weeks.I said were going to have fun, were going to run around, were going to make it about the players, Parker said. When I lay my head down tonight and we walk off and get a chance to reflect, I would hope those guys say thats what we did.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 . Cheap NFL HoodiesCheap Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Nike NFL JerseysWholesale Jerseys Free ShippingJerseys NFL ChinaWholesale NFL Autographed JerseysCheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '
Share: